Subject: Re: Quality Control
From: Adam Tween
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:36:18 +0100

Hi Hayden

This is a shot in the dark & I might be preaching to the choir here; but if
the low-quality swf has a large amount of animation or processing going on
in the first few frames of the timeline, then it will sometimes lock into
low quality mode. If this is the case, you can sometimes get around it by
adding a few blank frames in the timeline (before the heavy stuff) to allow
the data to stream in & give it time to start pre-processing the anim.

Alternatively, you could change the quality settings to force high-quality
always, although you might see a little stutturing at dense parts of the
anim. Another work-around might be to let the heavy stuff play, and script
the scene to switch to high-quality when stuff needs to be legible (never
tried this before myself...)

atweenatdial [dot] pipex [dot] com