Subject: Can the Stand alone player open your browser?
From: Les Mizzell
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 03:44:38 +0100

I've been delighted at the addition of the stand-alone player with Flash 3.
What a great way to place a really large demo movie on a CD for distribution
and not have to worry about bandwidth and file sizes.

Been running some test, and all looks fine to do this, but haven't figured
out one thing. At some point, I'd like to send the person viewing the movie
out onto the net to various URLs. So far though, I haven't been able to get
this to work. Creating a button in a Flash movie that's playing in the
browser that sends you to a URL is no problem, but perhaps I'm missing a way
to do this with the stand-alone version? The same button basically does
nothing at all....I'd like it to open the persons browser and start 'em
surfing....

Ideas?

mizzellatmsn [dot] com (mailto:mizzellatmsn [dot] com)