Subject: Re: mime type
From: Curtis Bay
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 18:42:32 +0100

Does anyone know if it is the same method for IIS 4.0? It's not on the MM or
MS web sites.

I have set the MIME type on our IIS2 server half a dozen times EXACTLY as
outlined on MM and MS's sites, (and restarted) but it still will NOT work!
Not for Flash, not for Authorware, nothing. I don't know if others on the
list have similar problems, or if it is fixed in IIS3 and later, but I have
searched on the web and found 50 miscellaneous postings on various user
groups of people with the same problem--they've followed the instructions
exactly and it still doesn't work. None of the postings had any replies.

I hope IIS 4, which we are getting, has a little bit more intelligent way of
setting a MIME type than editing the registry. I've given up. MS support
couldn't help, MM support of course sent me to MS. If you read this post and
think you know a solution, please email me privately and I'll post if it
works.

Curtis
curtisbatzydigo [dot] com