Subject: Re: Tell Target/On Mouse Over
From: Tracy
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 18:00:43 +0100

Here is how to do it:

After you creat your movie clip and drag an instance of it to your work
area, make sure it is selected and go up to the menu item "Modify -->
Instance". This will bring up the "Instance Properties" window. Click on
the "Definition" tab if it is not in front and make sure that the movie
clip you wish to work with is selected in the scroll down list under
"Symbol". Then type in a name for the instance of your movie clip in the
"Instance Name" area. Make sure that the "Movie Clip" radial button is
selected under the "Behavior" header. Click "OK".

Next, in your work area, select the button that you want to make control
the movie clip instance. Double click it or click to select and then go up
to "Modify --> Instance". Click on the "Actions" tab to bring it to the
front. Click on the plus sign and pull down to the "Tell Target" command.
In the little box where it says "Target:" type in the name of your movie
clip instance. Then click on the plus sign again and select "Play". Click
on "Ok".

Go up to the menu "Control --> Test Movie". Your button should now work. If
the movie clip plays before you click on the button you will need to close
the Test Movie window, go back to your work in progress and Edit your movie
clip. Double click the first frame of your clip and select the "Actions"
tab. Click on the plus sign and scroll down to "Stop". Click "Ok" and go to
"Control --> Test Movie" to view.

Tracy