Subject: Re: Aftershock/Java
From: Joe Crawford
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:29:34 +0100

Marcantonio Magnarapa wrote:
> I'm using Aftershock 2.0 from the standard Flash 3 trial distribution.
> While the gif is correctly generated, the java version does not work. It
> just says "applet started" and nothing happens (the standard grey box is
> displayed, and then the java area turns white).
>
> Why is that? This happens with all .swf files I have.

I haven't had *quite* that bad an experience. However, on a site I'm
currently working on (cannot share URL : ( ) the Flash runs like a
dog in Java Mode. I used the "demo java" page from Macromedia - but
still it runs slowly, and I also get a certain amount of white
"flicker."

There are only like 4 or 5 + frames in a slideshow type presentation
(user clicks, image changes, user clicks, image changes, etc) - but
still it runs slow. It uses a bunch of imported bitmaps - but the
total file size is 168 k - anybody else care to share their Flash
Java Experience?

Joe

Joe Crawford > ArtLung = Artist + Respiratory Therapist <