Subject: FLASH: MARC***: Tweening Loads repost
From: Jefferis
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 04:18:08 +0100

REPOSTED Question..

Marc, you wrote:

>>Can you explan to me the difference in processor requirements for symbol
>>tweens
>
>When a symbol is tweened in a movie, the Flash player performs calculations
>on-the-fly to construct the tween. Compare this to frame-by-frame
>animation, where the display information for each frame is present in that
>frame and need not be interpolated.

So for example, if the waves were not tweened in a movie clip, but were
tweened as motion symbols in the main frames of the movie, it might take
a little longer to load the movie, but once loaded it would not hit the
processor? and thus might be smoother?

I've tried reducing the waves to static images, and still the ship is
jerky at 56k... I am wondering if the motion in movie clips is what is
creating the drag, because I notice that the play of light on the waves
[the only movie clip tween now], only starts to play after the scene is
3/4 done, although it is set to begin at the beginning of the scene...

Peterson Sales
Web Design and Marketing
410 Woodland Ave.
Grove City, PA 16127-1824