Subject: RE: FLASH: Windows Security
From: Brian Tietz
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 06:54:50 +0100

Hello,

I've run into this problem myself. The exact message that will appear when
runing Internet Explorer
is this:

An ActiveX control on this page is not safe.
Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on this
page. As a result, this page may not display as intended.

Now what I would do is change my security setting under Windows when using
The Internet Explorer for Internet usage to Medium (more secure). This will
show all Flash related media corectly with no enteruptions but will still
provide the security that your big corporations are looking for. I mean when
ever something that could be quoted as "potentialy damaging
to your computer" comes around a warning message will appear (Although when
viewing flash related material no warning will show!).

Other than that you can go in and make up your own security settings, but
this would have to be done on every client
machine that will be viewing flash!

Hope this helps,

Brian Tietz
kf6ntgatpon [dot] net