Subject: Re: FLASH: Getting the mailto: to work!
From: Michael Wynn
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 16:36:22 +0100

Hi, and thanks Marc.

I've gotten to the point of creating the mailto: link, but I'm really having
problems I guess, when it comes to having that link actually work once its
in my web page. For some reason the button never launches the email client.

Im developing the page with Go Live and it seemed to implement the Flash
piece well, but not pay attention to the mailto: command. If generate the
html for the page through Aftershock and try it its ok, but then I run into
a while other problem of how to put the Aftershock html into my GoLive
page...it seems to cause alot of problems so Im hoping to find a way that
gets the email to work without having to do that. :)

thanks,
Mike

>From: "Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media" <mailatdartfrogmedia [dot] com>
>To: flasheratshocker [dot] com
>Subject: Re: FLASH: Getting the mailto: to work!
>Date: Fri, May 28, 1999, 4:46 PM
>

> Hi Michael.
>
> I'm not quite following what it is you've tried so far, but you can call the
> mailto: entirely within Flash if it's for web playback. After you make the
> button and place it on the stage, double-click it. Select the Action tab.
Click