Subject: Re: FLASH: Tip for make video in flash (such as jonninitro)
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 18:39:34 +0100

At 05:13 PM 5/31/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi flasher,
>I've a good solution for produce a video such as jonninitro.
>I produce a mini intro from an avi video (robroy.avi, a video for windows
>present in W95cd)
>I have used this program:
>- VidEdit (for convert AVI video in DIB sequence such as
>Frame00.dib,Frame01.dib ecc. ecc.)
>- Paint Shop pro 5 (for batch conversion from DIB to TIF of all frame)
>- Adobe StremLine 4.0 for conversion of TIF image to vector AI
>- Macromedia Flash (with import function)
>
>Statistics:
>300 frame black/white 100k flash, dimensions (i dont remember sorry)
>
>That's all
>Andrea Rizzi

Thanks, Andrea. This is exactly what I needed to know for a current project.

If you can dig up the details, I'd love to know what your settings were in
StreamLine and what the flash dimensions were.

RELATED QUESTIONS (for anyone on the list):
What is the minimal frame rate for playing back a converted video such as
this one? I'm guessing 8fps should give okay results.
Any tips on finding good settings in Streamline?

thanks.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.