Subject: Re: FLASH: Embedded Movie ???
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 23:34:57 +0100

At 01:21 PM 5/31/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Maybe i should have been more clear--
>
>check out http://www.monighan.com/test/
>
>to see what i mean about a movie clip starting over.

If you place a movie clip in a layer, and then add keyframes down the
timeline, you will be creating a new instance of the movie clip at every
such keyframe, and the movie clip will start again from frame one. My
hunch is that this is what you've done.

It costs nothing in byte size to put things on their own layers, and it's a
great habit to get into. While I'm on the soap box, I'd also add that
labeling your layers is useful, too, as is keeping frame actions and frame
labels on separate layers.

Marc Hoffman

marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.