Subject: FLASH: Streaming sound increases .swf size
From: Jayma
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 23:36:38 +0100

I had noticed this before but had forgotten about it until I just tried to
make the sound stream on one of my sites I am working on.

The ONLY thing I changed was setting the sound to stream or start.

With one single sound set to stream, the .swf size was 132k
with the same sound set to start, the .swf size was 52k

This is a big difference.

Anyone have an explanation?

Jayma