Subject: FLASH: my first flash....(it is slowly demystifying)
From: David Kerns
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:34:16 +0000 (GMT)

This is rudimentary, but I am learning flash and am sure to have many more
questions of this nature before it is over.

My first flash movie is a simple sequence which can be played over and over
(more a result of lessons and tests than an actual project).
http://nashville.citysearch.com/E/F/NASTN/0000/20/86/
<http://nashville.citysearch.com/E/F/NASTN/0000/20/86/>
I wanted to add a "loading..." buffer which I did, and it works except for
the animation in this scene doesn't display. I found that a movie clip WOULD
play in this scene but I could never create a movie clip. I have a book
about flash which I could not really recommend to anyone, it has two pages
on creating a movie clip...but I am so far unsuccessful. Moreover I can
never seem to make a movie clip which I have created show up in the library
(maybe because I am not making it correctly...grrr!).

If anyone can run down these steps or point me to a tutorial or a good book
(I don't; have the manual yet! I just ordered one) that would be great.

Thanks

david