Subject: Re: FLASH: Developer Support Brochure
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:00:57 GMT

Hi Al,

> John the Beetle site especially and the Mitsubishi site to a somewhat lesser
> extent were EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. Wow! Those were fantastic
> examples of Flash really shining to help promote a companies image.
Actually we should be thanking David Mendels from MM who pointed them
out.
I just made a comment about MIME on one and corrected the URL on the
other.

> > Http://www.newbeetle.co.uk from VW.
> The MIME is not here try it with MSIE 95/98/NT first if you have it.
Note the MIME should be corrected here soon, they are now aware of the
problem.

> Correct URL - http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/
> Note this has some very good examples of combining bitmaps with vectors.
Note, the designers who did this site designed with bitmaps but set
their design for 800x600 without regard for the many users who surf at
640x480.
Many of their frames are cropped because of this. Their explanation was
that they used bitmaps so they couldn't resize. This is not a good
explination because the major problems involved pages that were totally
vector.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/