Subject: Re: FLASH: Store internal variable
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:07:45 GMT

At 01:15 PM 10/29/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Is it possible to store a variable, such as a frame number, inside of Flash?
>
>My scenario:
>
>I want to set the frame of an MC and when a user rolls over the MC it
>changes frames and when they roll off of the MC I want to get back to that
>previously set frame.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Couet

Hi David.

Curtis Bay and I just worked on this same problem. Can't store variables
but you can make a clip that 1) on rollover goes to frame "N," on rollout
goes to "next frame," where an action sends it back to "previous frame."
Variations of this will let you go to various places in the movie clip and
on rollout jump back to whatever the previous frame is. Using this
relative frame command (rather than labels) allows the button to have the
same action (go to next, go to previous) but the clip "remembers" where it
was. If you need more specificity, please describe your project in more
detail.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>