Subject: RE: FLASH: Site test
From: Len Harrison
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:08:02 +0100

Nice site overall. Three points to consider:
1) Your second level buttons require the user to rollover the button itself
while on the first level your buttons are textual and pointing to the text
itself triggers button action. Although this isn't totally inconsistent,
there is a certain expectation set up that the text is hot which is then
contradicted as the user moves through the site. This can be easily
corrected by defining the hit zone on your buttons to flow out into the text
so that the user can click or rollover either text or buttons to trigger
activity.
2) I personally don't like the font effects here. They hinder readability
(not difficult for someone who doesn't read much French in the first place).
The combination of outlines and fill is rendered differently for different
letters contributing to a semi-grunge typography that looks erratic and can
be difficult to decipher. I don't feel the grunge effect is appropriate to
the rest of the design which is generally sleek, hard-edge, techno. Suggest
a cleaner, sharp sans-serif face without the embellishments, Tekton, Bank
Gothic, or other.
3) The chartreuse background on the multimedia section clashes with the teal
and aqua of the rest of the site. Suggest something more restrained or
possibly expanding the palette in a different direction entirely such as
pale yellow, or something in the rose, brown, or even orange direction.

Just my 2 francs,

len harrison
instructional designer
lenhatabtcorp [dot] com