Subject: Re: FLASH: Any progress on these?
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:20:39 +0100

Wayne,

Funny thing I had just been reading Mike Kuniavsky's article on
Director6.5 ( http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/98/39/index1a.html )
when I read your e-mail.
Flash as a front end for QuickTime, RealPlayer or other such is I think
a step in the wrong direction as this would mean ending one of Flash's
great assets, it's small client footprint.
I think Director should be the 'multi-media OS' as you say, and will be
waiting to hear about version 7.0 to go out and buy it.
As we're on the subject of throwing coins into the wish pond I would
love to see Macromedia extend it's OS support for the Flash client,
seeing an official player on *nix or Be would be wonderful and would
help set Flash's position as an aspiring standard.