Subject: FLASH: variable syntax frustration...
From: Deanna Doelitzsch
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:57:10 +0100

I'm a beginner, but this even seems easy to me...

I'm in a movie clip and I have an actions layer. I place a keyframe in say
frame 5 or something and another one in 20. The action that I put in frame
5 says exactly--

Set Variable: "xyz" = "3"

Now the action that I put in frame 20 is exactly--

If ("xyz" = "2")
Stop
End if

Result: The playbackhead stops

BUT

If I write this--

If ("xyz" <> "3")
Stop
Else
Play
End If

...it keeps playing

Why does this work and the first one did not?

Thank you in advance for saving my sanity...
Deanna