Subject: RE: UKNM: plug-in take up/stats
From: Paul Sanders
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:36:15 +0100

>> All those of you who think plug-ins, in particular copromedia flash and
>> shockwave are clever things to use on websites might be interested in
>> the following:
>>
>> http://www.statmarket.com/SM?c=Plugins
>>
>> now go away and learn HTML.

They use a Javascript plug-in detect routine that only works on a few
browsers (am I the only one who signed up to hitbox to check their
methodology?).

The bigger question is whether our customers recognise the many multimedia
brands they are offered for what they are. Under normal circumstances if I
were offered something that was both 'real' and 'flash' or something that
was 'html' the choice would be fairly easy. The fact that it might fuck up
my computer wouldn't come into it - by the time it had it would be too late
to go back and learn that html was the cooler format.

Perfect examples of brands that work where knowledge of the product is
close to zero. 'Good' technology anyone?

-
Paul Sanders - a member of the state51 conspiracy
http://www.state51.co.uk/
email: paulatstate51 [dot] co [dot] uk tel: +171 729 4343
state51, Rhoda Street, London, E2 7EF, UK