Subject: Re: UKNM: plug-in take up/stats
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:53:25 +0100

Martin Lloyd wrote:

> > apart from the fact that http://www.1to1.com/tools/ct/noflash/end2.htm
> >
> > Next!
> >
> > stefan
>
> Thats it, I'm a convert. Flash is a waste of time - I've changed my mind,
> entertaining, innovative sites are just not worth the hassle. But having
> killed Flash why stop there?

What a lot of effort wasted on crap (and I'm ignoring everything you
wrote below this point, because it was just overheated and silly).

Entertaining, innovative sites rarely use flash or shockwave.
Unimaginative, inappropriate to the medium,
I-watch/make-tv-ads-so-here's-a-crappy-animation sites often use flash.
the formula1 site was the least irritating of the examples offered, but
the thesis still stands I believe.

here's the one example of flash I've seen that is productive: nice clean
design, useful information, no flying-about distracting text, and this
really would be hard to do as well in html.

http://www.ikea.com/content/main.asp?tab=3&contentname=/content/furniture/spotlight/furniture_spotlight_billy_assemble.asp

stefan

--
/**