Subject: Re: UKNM: Ugh i'm mad (if everyone pays your invoices on time,
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:00:19 +0100

On the topic of debt collection, the most disgusting tale I can think of,
personally speaking, is a certain magazine, published by Expogroup, which
refuses to pay for two features it commissioned last year. And the
reason? It breached the copyright of another publishing house by
erroneously printing a feature I'd supplied as a sample of my work, and got
its knuckles rapped. So... CUHI is faced with taking this publication to
the small claims court, which is a pain for recovering a small amount. The
publication is almost certainly aware of this fact.

The same publication also wrongly debited 1,000 quid from the credit cards
of three web design agencies based in Brighton, as duplicate payments for
display advertisements (the agencies had already paid by cheque). At least
one agency had prolonged difficulties recovering their money. A very dodgy
practise indeed.

Jo.

At 17:25 13/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 13/04/00 21:38:18 GMT Daylight Time,
joatcan-u-hack-it [dot] com
>writes:
>
><< There's a possible answer...
>
> ...don't register domain names unless the customer has paid in advance.
>
> Or take credit card payments for domain names.
> >>
>Or better still register them and don't release them until they pay and set
>an incremental charge based on time they take to pay.
>And that from me who doesn't approve of domain resale for profit. Still,
>there has to be exceptions.
>Interesting debt collector business card handed to a friend (hoping he
would
>be a client, not become a bad debt) xxx Debt Collectors, We don't f***
about
>! - he gave them the job and eveyone paid up.
>
>Michael Trott
>Operations Director
>Speechradio.com Ltd. - The Internet's Leading Audio Content Provider
>Visit Internet Radio at www.studentradio.co.uk, www.arenaradio.co.uk,
>www.radiohtml.com
>Free radio for your website from http://www.speechradio.com

Can-U-Hack-It
Internet, editorial & publicity services
* www.cuhi.com * www.ukpress.org *

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com