Subject: Re: UKNM: permission based e-marketing
From: Speechrad
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:00:54 +0100

carolineatlondon [dot] virgin [dot] net writes:

<< I've been approached by a company called MyOffers.co.uk, which is
positioning itself as "the UK's first
permission based e-marketing company." They offer companies the opportunity
to sponsor questionnaires and "Responders can be segmented for e-mail
communications that match their profile and lifestyle."

Does any one know of any other companies who are offering this type of
service in the UK? >>

A member of NorthofWatford.com has a different customer profiling approach.
Customers anonymously submit an 'image' of themselves - age, sex, interests
etc and only receive product information tailored to their profile.

I guess it's all in the tailoring, many suppliers will justifaibly feel that
some prodiucts appeal to a wide profile but the 'customer' may disagree. If
they receive too many offers that do not appeal the service's perceived
value
will fall.

Check it out for yourselves if it's of interest www.tankup.com. There are
two
other subdomains that provide more information for suppliers but I'm not
sure
if they are supposed to be public yet, but I'm sure anyone interested will
follow it up with the site.

(I have no connection with the site other than that the site developer is a
member of the NoW networking group)

Michael Trott
North of Watford
The Midlands Internet entrepreneurs and investors networking group
News, meeting venues/times and links at:
http://www.northofwatford.com

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com