Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Portals?
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:26:01 +0100

>Portals? By which you mean search engines, directories, indexes, etc, etc.

As in summerfestivals.com ?

>Portals are about wrapping second hand content around one or two bits of
>newish information.

.. as in summerfestivals.com ??

>We are about to see (in the UK) an explosion of original content generation
>that will make the "portals" look silly. The smart money will be placed with
>high-value original content, business and entertainment, niche and
>mass-market.

as in summerfestivals.com ???

>Leaders in 1999 are likely to be Beeb, TescoNet, ft.com, Reed Business
>Information (high-price niche industy info products), gameszone, and a few
>others.

as in summerfestivals.com ????

>This constant recycling of information that has characterised the early
>years of the Web will not survive 1999.

NOT as in summerfestivals.com !!

Sorry to go on about Summer Festivals but I'm excited about it's
possibilities even if no-one else is !! :)

Lee

- www.summerfestivals.com -

"the definitive guide to festivals around the world"

leeatsummerfestivals [dot] com