Subject: Re: UKNM: Search engine promotions
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:39:19 +0100

>I would have thought their are only a few ways of improving you chances of apearing high on a
>search engines listings, all are fairly well known, and therefore I would
>be suspect of any company telling you they will do miraculous things for
>you etc. etc.

For sure, and most of the things you list are the kind of things that a
reputable agency would do.

And following on from this philosophy, the next time I need to know what's
news, instead of paying for one of those newspaper things to miraculously
gather news and print it all in one place I will phone up a few PR companies
and ask them myself. Save wasting all that money on ink and paper pulp.

And I have a copy of FrontPage, so why on earth would I ever high a Web
design agency? And, for that matter my dustbins need emptying and I am
damned if I am going to pay the local Liberal Democrats to empty it for me,
I think I'll drive out to some wasteground and dump it there myself.

If you're into DIY why not go the whole hog?

Ray Taylor