Subject: UKNM: Web Usage Stats
From: Sean Clark
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:55:13 +0100

A while ago I remember people asking about up-to-date figures for Web
browser and computer platform usage. Well, I've added a section to the
Headland home page called "WebWatch" that supplies this information based
on visits to 10 of our most popular sites.

It's been running for about 5 days now and the figures have stablised,
revealing that around 2/3rds of all visitors to our sites use Windows 95,
just over 50% of people use IE and 35% of people still use version 3
browsers.

We're going to develop the facility further in the future (it's part of a
revamp of some of our Web site reporting services) to hopefully give
information about plug-ins and other aspects of visitors' browser set-up.

If you want to visit WebWatch you'll find it at

http://www.headland.co.uk/. I hope it's of interest.

Cheers,

Sean

sean clark | seancatheadland [dot] co [dot] uk | tel 0115 9551155
headland multimedia | www.headland.co.uk | fax 0115 9551156
cuttlefish | www.cuttlefish.com | pgr 01523 106554