Subject: Re: UKNM: Web Usage Stats
From: Daniel Bambach
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 16:39:25 +0100

At 01:11 PM 8/25/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Robb Masters said:
>
>* Take all browser statistics with a large dose of salt - unless you
> know they come from sites that will appeal equally to all users and
> which provide appropriate support for all browsers (quite unlikely)

OK granted, but the usefullness of browser statistics is limited to knowing
how many people are using the top browser versions, because it is
invariably these that make an impact on your application of new technology.
If your objective is to build your site to work right down to the lowly
text-only browser, then you shouldnt be giving a monkeys what browser
people look at your site with. If on the other hand you want to employ
newer technologies then you have to start eliminating some browsers, and
which do you loose? Well, the least popular I presume.

Daniel Bambach
mob: 0958 341 258
fax: 0181 588 3634
danmanatomniscience [dot] co [dot] uk