Subject: Re: UKNM: Email management systems
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:20:24 +0100

Elizabeth Van Couvering <evcatorganic [dot] com> asks:

>I'm investigating getting a system to handle email communications in
>reasonable volume for one of our clients, who want to talk to their
>customers on an ongoing basis. Obviously it needs to be robust in handling
>bounces, etc, and I'd like a reporting/tracking system. I've talked to one
>company called RevNet, but they're based in the US and I'd rather use
>someone based in the UK for support reasons. Does anyone have any
>recommendations?

I would recommend L-Soft. It is everything you ask (Handled a 60,000 mail
shot for Computer Weekly no worries), apart from being in the US too. But
when it comes to support, I have always found it worth waiting for the Sun
to rise over the other side of The Pond in preference to putting up with the
kind of slap-dash service on offer from most UK ISP/hosting services.

Ray Taylor
eyeconomy
Got bored with the previous name, so changed it. For details contact me off
list
Don't go to www.eyeconomy.com - there ain't nuthin' there