Subject: UKNM: old chestnuts: upfront registration
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:23:55 +0100

stef asks a question, but he did search the web first.

Does anyone have any stats, anecdotes, experiences of how pageviews and
conversion rates change when sites move their registration from the
front (i.e. locking people out of browsing) to the back (as the last
stage in the buying process, or as an optional personalization thing).

I've heard figures from quadruple upwards, but I need some hardish data
to convince someone.

stefan

--
/**