Subject: Re: UKNM: old chestnuts: upfront registration
From: Tim Ireland
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:26:17 +0100

I'd like to barrel in on this topic by saying that I do not trust 'stats' in
the first place (see: lies, damn lies and statistics).

That said, the great majority of Internet users are after anything they can
get for free - they also like to feel anonymous whenever possible.

It is highly unlikely they will register for a 'site unseen' (unless they
had already read literature on it or it had been highly recommended by
someone they knew).

I know this may not be of much help if the party who 'needs convincing'
wants to see something on paper, but if they are blind to basic human nature
then perhaps they are beyond help.

��

Tim Ireland
Senior Copywriter