Subject: UKNM: Cookies
From: Craig Pickup
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:56:35 +0000 (GMT)

Tom Hume wrote:

> This is only a temporary arrangement, the survey is
> short (if you do feel like filling it out) and in a separate window (easy
> to close if you don't). There's also a cookie set there so you won't be
> bothered by the survey again - whether you fill it out or not.

What about those who do not allow cookies to be set? What is the general feeling
on this list about the use of cookies? I know a number of e-commerce sites that
rely totally on cookies to the exent that if you do not allow them to be set you
can not make use of the online purchasing - what is worse is that many do not
actually tell you that and so you go through the whole process of purchasing and
form filling to be told you can not proceed because your browser is not
supported.

Craig Pickup