Subject: Re: UKNM: 50+ Campaigns on one portal !
From: Evan Rudowski
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 14:14:07 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks David. As of about a week ago, Excite was running 56 different
campaigns on its site.

I honestly do not believe that all of our competitors are enjoying the same
level of success although some are undoubtedly doing reasonably well. We
are hoping that they will report their full list of campaigns, as we did
recently, but so far no other takers.

Certainly there are not hundreds of different campaigns out there yet; some
run on multiple sites and some pick their spots based on the effectiveness
of the site and its sales team.

Our estimate is that there will be about �16 to �17 million in revenues
generated from UK web advertising sales this year. We think Excite will get
a reasonable piece of that (worldwide Excite exceeds all of its competitors
in revenue per page, revenue per advertiser and revenue per registered
user). It would be interesting to see where the rest is going.

Regards,
Evan Rudowski

At 17:26 03/12/98 -0000, Dave Barker wrote:
>I am told that UK online advertising revenues should reach around �15m
>in 1998 and that cost per '000's are running at circa �15 - �20.
>I am also told that Excite are running in excess of 50 campaigns at any
>one time.I assume that MSN, AOL,Yahoo, Lycos,UK Plus, etc would all
>claim similar successes. This is fantastic and proving that the medium
>is gaining respect amongst marketeers.
>
>However if all these companies are carrying circa 600 campaigns per
>annum what on earth is being charged per campaign - surely either �15 -
>�20 per 000 is too high or �15m is very low.
>
>David Barker
>Business Development Manager
>0171 386 3681
>
>http://www.teletext.co.uk

Evan Rudowski
Director, European Operations
Excite, Inc.
23 Kingly Court London, W1R 5LE, England

+44 (0) 171 447 1802
evanrudatexcitecorp [dot] com <<-- NOTE CHANGE