Subject: Re: UKNM: instructional film
From: Tim Hayward
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:51:05 GMT

An American movie doing the cult circuit in the late 80's called 'Atomic
Cafe' was a compilation of those sort of government information films.
I'm sure I've seen the clip you're thinking of and I'm pretty sure
that's where it was. As far as my hungover mind can recall C4 has the
UK rights.

Steve Bowbrick wrote:

> A couple of years ago I saw a presentation at (I think) an American
> conference in which the presenter opened by showing a video of a twenties
> (?) instructional film about how to use the new dial telephones that were
> coming in. It was a very good illustration of the way technologies
> disappear with familiarity (and also very funny). Has anyone seen this and
> does anyone know where I might obtain a copy?

> --
> | Steve Bowbrick | 0171 284 0777 phone |
> | steveatwebmedia [dot] com (mailto:steveatwebmedia [dot] com) | 0171 428 9981 fax |
> | http://www.bowbrick.com | 0468 257 570 mobile |
Tim Hayward
Digital Media Strategist
HHCL + P Kent House,
14-17 Market Place, Great Titchfield Street,
London, W1N 7AJ
+44-171-915-7579