Subject: RE: UKNM: Significant Event of the Year
From: Leslie Bunder
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:39:33 GMT

other events...

well, after a couple of years waiting, Microsoft launches Expedia (and I
win a book token at the launch of it!)

Carlton launches decent UK focused food site (yes, I think it is really
good and a welcome addition to the amount of sites out there)

Amazon gets out its cheque book and buys Bookpages, WH Smith buys
Internet Bookshop

Bunder gets married in New York and puts web site up for it!
(http://www.bunder.com/wedding)

And 'er...Demon gets bought by Scottish Telecom.

Leslie
Leslie Bunder, technology writer
Teletext on the Web
e-mail: LBunderatteletext [dot] co [dot] uk
tel: 0171 386 3667 (UK) +44 171 386 3667 (outside UK)
mobile: 07010 701967 (UK) +44 7010 701967 (outside UK)
web: www.teletext.co.uk
post: 101 Farm Lane, Fulham, London SW6 1QJ, UK

[original post chopped for brevity...]