Subject: RE: UKNM: Re: ecommerce Xmas wet dream or nightmare
From: Simon Sherriff
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:00:58 GMT

I read recently a report that Dell had had problems with it's factory in Ireland. They found a virus on one of the PC's and had not only to check all the PC's in the facility, but also any that had been shipped out for some time using a recall. No other viruses were found, but this cost several millions of pounds and much delivery time. Perhaps this might explain the lack of delivery.

As an aside, I have ordered several goods over the last few weeks, admittedly from the larger players and all have been delivered promptly and without any fuss.

Simon Sherriff