Subject: Re: UKNM: RE: Convergence?
From: Richard Bailey
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:34:55 GMT

I have been spending a lot of time working with on line games and I think
the idea of the hard drive is there for game bug fixes and dynamic server
side multi player games. Where all you have is a map and the basic graphics
and interface all the game play is done server side. This is much the same
way Asheron's Call works at the moment. It would surprise you how small the
graphics on a game can be. You log on to the net pick the game you want to
play and as you do the levels/place/monsters you upload them. No need for
shops, media and you can charge to play, not to own. Thus Microsoft have a
real control on the media and needing an account means less room for the
pirates. There are several games like this on the zone.com already you can
just go off and play.

Also its nice to have something with a future in flash upgrades. How will
all the iTV stuff deal with new developments with read only browser that
built in?

Richard Bailey
Nortel can you make it just like the "old" one.