Subject: RE: UKNM: First Tuesday
From: David Simpson
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:28:40 GMT

I agree with you Rod but I think it lost it's relevance a long time ago,
around Autumn '99. The whole idea seemed to work better when it was (rare)
opportunity for people with real ideas & plans to meet VC's with the now
infamous wallets full of pre-IPO cash. By the time of the (first) event at
Lords Cricket ground in Nov (?) '99 the ratio of cash-to-ideas had swung
towards way too many "ideas" (term used in the loosest sense) and too little
VC interest, almost certainly in response to a dearth of good ideas/plans
and a glut of second rate chancers with a copy of Revolution and way too
much time on their hands. In addition the number of yellow badges seemed to
be climbing.

I'll go halves on the wrath with you if & when it arrives.

David

ADictive � online advertising for everyone

With ADictive's 120 content related categories to choose from,
companies of ALL sizes can now target their online advertising,
reduce wastage and save ����s. Result!

Click through to http://www.adictive.com to find out more.