Subject: RE: UKNM: Investing in banner creative
From: Robin Edwards
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:16:41 GMT

On Tuesday, February 23, 1999 1:00 PM, Tomski [SMTP:tomattomski [dot] com] wrote:
> Anyone got any simple tactics / anecdotes to help persuade a client's
> marketing department that investing in good external banner creative &
> production is money well spent, even for a *tiny* campaign?

I personally don't think _effective_ banner creative needs to cost the earth,
certainly in the low hundreds rather than thousands of pounds. Beautiful
creative, the kind of which would win design awards, undoubtedly costs
considerably more. Beautiful and effective combined is the holy grail, but as
you have seen few people want to spend large sums of money on such banners.

It is worth having a look at effectiveness guides, such as those on DoubleClick
(http://www.doubleclick.com) which have statistics in them relating to the
effect of various aspects of banner creative - obviously arguable, but useful
in selling the idea nonetheless.

Robin
--
Robin Edwards