Subject: Re: UKNM: Male "techies" - anecdotes wanted
From: Stefan Magdalinski
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:46:44 GMT

Jo wrote:
> No - I'm writing a reasonable, balanced and humorous piece and would simply like to include a couple of amusing anecdotes.

but we've probably just given you a nice 'male geeks paranoid,
suspicious when queried about relations with female net-users' story
instead. D'oh!

anecdote:

I used to find that saying I worked on the internet would kill
conversations at parties stone dead about 4 or 5 years ago. On one
occasion the woman actually just turned around and walked off, without
even an 'oh, how nice, goodbye'

This seems to be changing, or maybe I just <ALERT="geek stereotype">
wash more frequently now.

stefx

--
/**