Subject: RE: UKNM: Creativity
From: Robert Hamilton
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 00:14:01 GMT

Ray wrote:

> The best ideas are timeless, dreamt up in seconds, and executed in the
> excitement of the moment.

The fact that you, I, or anyone in the new-media business may be able to
come up with a brilliant idea in seconds does not, however, mean that
we should be giving such ideas away. Cost vs value anyone?

I can't remember who said this, but it's worth saying again: "Big ideas
are so hard to recognize, so fragile, so easy to kill. Don't forget that,
all of you who don't have them."

On the 'what is creativity?' point as raised by Tim...well, I can't
see any excuse for anyone's *not* being creative, whether they're a planner,
buyer, carpet weaver or personnel director (in no particular order).
I assume that Tim's not saying that HHCL's work on Tango is lacking
in creativity: from his outline I'd say it's a model of same.

'Creative' isn't what, it's how.

Robert Hamilton : robertatbrandwidth [dot] co [dot] uk
Creative Consultant, brandwidth
0171 697 0049 0973 989 208