Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Re: not smiling with Smile
From: anj medhurst
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:13:43 -0000

I've been using the Royal Bank of Scotland's internet banking service for
nearly 3 years (??!! - that feels' like far too long) and have never had to
phone/email anyone - as far as I'm aware they've never had a big campaign or
launch for this service, maybe the quiet ones are worth looking out for??
(They also have always had access to the whole nationwide cash machine
network and have never suggested charging me when I use another bank's
machines...). In my experience the amount of marketing spend/PR exposure an
online service gets is often inversely related to its
usefulness/functionality - or am I just very cynical??

Anj