Subject: [uk-netmarketing] Data protection for kids
From: Paul Canty
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:28:42 -0000

Hello all...

Working on a project at the moment for a youth site (aimed at under
16s).

Some of the content delivery requires data information from the
kids (email addresses, mobile phone #s, home addresses for delivering
competition prizes etc). Potentially quite dodgy ground...

I was wondering if anyone knew of any evil implications of collecting
data from kids - I would have thought there were very tight
restrictions about what you can and cannot do - but I've looked
through the government guidelines and can't find anything.

Contacted them direct of course, but they havn't got back to me - I
imagine Tony is far too busy selling schools to Nike :)

Anyone with any experience on this?

Paul

paul canty | p r e l o a d e d | http://www.preloaded.com