Subject: Re: UKNM: Revolution's Top 100
From: Ben Thompson
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:07:33 GMT

As any list, a list of its time (Peter Mandelson being the perfect
example). Interesting to notice a bias towards Ad Agencies and Portals
(I assume last years list would have been Ad agencies and more ISPs).

Three thoughts:-

1) One gap is Interactive TV, apart from Andrew Curry there is little
mention of it. TwoWayTV is an obvious gap here.

2) Also where's Danny O'Brien. Now there's a gap if there ever was one.

3) There are no content sites (Ignoring portals and newspapers). I would
have thought CricInfo, IMDB and jobserve (having cornered the entire IT
contract recruitment market) deserve mentions.

PS When is the next do. (Of course, now living up north, unless it is
next Wednesday I can't make it anyway).

Ben

--
Ben Thompson <benatalljobs [dot] com>