Subject: UKNM: Any I-Marketing historians out there?
From: Paul English
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:18:57 GMT

I'm looking for two pieces of information relating to ancient Internet
advertising history.

1) When and where did the first banner ad appear on the Internet
(HotWired 1994?). What was being advertised? Who produced it? Is it
available somewhere?

2) When and where did the first banner ad appear (HotWired 1994?) in
Europe (or in a specific European country). What was being advertised?
Who produced it? Is it available somewhere?

I'd be happy to buy a fine Trappist ale for anyone with the right answer
to either question (next time you're in Brussels).

Cheers,
Paul

Your Cheat Sheet to the Internet in Europe
Download DAD's NetWatch for free.
<http://www.dad.be/websoup>

Paul English
Chief Strategist & SoupMaster