Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Urgent...
From: Ian Collingwood
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:16:26 -0000

James -

I may have got completely the wrong end of the stick, but my understanding
is that this is what http://www.nothing-ventured.com/ was all about -
letting people to use the web to launch IPOs and thus allow
non-institutional investors to flog their shares without waiting for their
certificates. This was especially valuable in those golden days of old when
IPO prices could be expected to peak right after launch.

I would imagine that in more recent times the same argument applies to
people who need to dump their Dot-turkey stocks as they plummet inexorably
down below their offer price.

I seem to remember the whole thing was backed by Durlacher's.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ian