Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] RE: Row over crackdown on adoption websites
From: Emily Dubberley
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:01:22 -0000

This all sounds like the ridiculously OTT piece CV did on the "Tonight"
tabloid-ese show on ITV. She was banging on about how the internet (and in
particular giving all children at schools an email address) was a license
for paedophiles to harm our children. The fact that, like all children's
activities, lack of supervision is the key to risk was slightly ignored...

> On a similar note, possibly silliest 'internet is bad for kids' story I've
heard was in The Mail (I think) last year saying that the rise in e-commerce
meant there were more vans on the road so the internet was increasing the
risk of children getting run over...