Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] UKNM: Online banks
From: Tony Bowden
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:52:19 -0000

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 10:22:13AM -0000, darrenatforceinternet [dot] co [dot] uk wrote:
> After noting a number of comments on this list regarding
> online banks and similar services, I was fully prepared to
> put my two pennies worth in and endorse Egg.
> Maybe I should hit my refresh button instead, and move my account
> elsewhere, because at the moment, Egg sucks!

Egg are one of the most incompetent companies I have *EVER* had to
deal with.

I have had nothing but trouble with them since I joined.

My most recent exhange with them went something like:

Their site: Please enter your password
Me: <enters password>
Their site: Wrong, try again
Me: <tries again>
Them: Sorry - please ring us.
Me, on phone: Hi - I can't get onto the site - I must have typed the wrong
password
Them: Please answer these 3 security questions
Me: <answers questions correctly>
Them: Please tell us your bank account number
Me: a) I don't know it off hand, b) I probably wouldn't read it to you over
the phone anyway, even if I did
Them: You have to.
Me: Why?
Them: To clear security
Me: I answered 3 security questions. I can answer more, if I have to,
but I can't answer that one.
Them: You have to.
Me: That sounds like bollocks to me. I didn't have to tell you that last
time this happened.
Them: You can't swear at me. <click>

Me, Email 1: <relates story>. What should I do now.
Them, Response 1: We cannot answer your mail as it wasn't sent from the
secure part of our site. Please log in and resend it.
Me, E2: I can't log in. That's why I'm emailing you.
Them, R2: We can't help you via email - please ring us.
Me, E3: I tried that, and didn't get anywhere.
Them, R3: We cannot answer your mail as it wasn't sent from the
secure part of our site. Please log in and resend it.
Me, E4: I can't log in. That's why I'm emailing you.
Them, R4: We can't help you via email - please ring us.
Me, E5: I tried that, and didn't get anywhere. Please send me details
on closing my account.
Them, R5: We can't help you via email - please ring us.

*aaaarggghhh*

Tony
--
Tony Bowden | Belfast, NI | tbattmtm [dot] com | www.tmtm.com | www.blackstar.co.uk
girlboys may nothing more than boygirls need