Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] Re: fall of the dotcoms?
From: tim parkin
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:08:04 -0000

I have to say that, having closely with television, it would make a
fascinating article to
show how people like yourself are working very hard for a dream and that
they are all being taken advantage of by unscrupulous bosses. Wait, I hear
you saying my boss isn't like that. Well funnily enough neither is mine. Oh,
and you also say you work those hours because you love your job not because
you're forced into doing it. Well same here mate.

Yeah I've worked for a company that I didn't think rewarded me adequatly for
the work I was doing. And thats why I moved to the Internet industry. The
only people getting sh***ed by the Internet industry are those that are
greedy and there will always be those around. Unfortunately, if they are in
high postions they do take a few innocent bystanders out with them. But 9
times out of 10 those people know whats coming and can easily find another
job. Unless they either have no talent or are freeloading.

I'd like to see a report on this but spread it around a bit. Make it a
report on the media industry in general because thats where people put so
much in, sometimes for peanuts. Oh and if you want to know the worst
industry for this, try the music industry. Having worked as A&R for a Major
I've got first hand experience of 20 hour days, at least in the web industry
I get paid for them.

But I know what we'll get, another channel five 'oh my god!' shockumentary
which will scare a few parents of those in the industry ( I'm sure a few of
us on the list have had the 'I've read in the papers that the internet is
dying, will you be alright for a job?' hmmm...)

Anyway I'll shut up now.. Grrrrr...

Tim Parkin
Citria