Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] fall of the dotcoms?
From: Tim Ireland
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:41:02 -0000

Have you 'worked' for television in the past two years? If so, we're looking
to see how this unique experience affected you.

Did you want to do a hatchet job on dotcoms because you were enticed by the
idea of taking an easy shot at a rival sector? Did you want an excuse to
spend your 'research budget' on access to sites that appeared exciting and,
dare we say it, pornographic? Did you maybe think that you were fooling
anybody?

We're looking to hear about your experiences for a web site we are making.
No Internet experience is required - it's the stories you steal from
newsgroups, mailing lists and chat rooms and claim as your own that we're
interested in. Failing that, you can make it up as you go along.

Were you working for a company that had the plug pulled on them by the BBC
because they couldn't come up with any original programme ideas?
Were you working for a company that was set up by a group of friends who had
a great idea that they wanted to copy?
Did you end up being paid for 20-hour days all for doing nothing?

We're interested in hearing all of your stories. And then stealing them
and/or making you look like a complete loser in front of your family,
friends and colleagues.

Perhaps you have real information that saves us actually learning about the
subject. In that case you should contact me on domyworkatmaninthestreet [dot] co [dot] uk

Perhaps you're just so crap that your career is in the toilet and you want
to stamp your little feet about how unfair/dubious/crooked the industry is
(we can assure anonymity if this is the case...go on, you can trust us!), in
this case contact me at gulliblejerkatpieceofmeat [dot] co [dot] uk

Tim Ireland
Director of Marketing
www.designercity.com

PS - The MD of this company (Illumina) is Andrew Chitty, who was
producer/editor of The Net (1996). I'd include some content or link to the
relevant section, but the site uses frames and all of the text is presented
as graphics (ahem).