Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Re: fall of the dotcoms?
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:38:56 -0000

But that's what the public, the television audience, the people who sell
advertising, want - sound and thunder, not rain. As marketing people,
sound and thunder is our job. It's what we do. We should be applauding
this television person, not deriding him. I would much rather watch a
television programme about failing dot-coms than a balanced portrait of
modern business. The former wins awards, sells advertising, and gets shown
at 08:30 on Channel 4 with narration by Bob Cringely, whereas the latter
becomes part of the Money Programme on BBC2. Why? Because it's more
interesting to watch people blundering about, making mistakes, than it is
watching organisations calmly go about their business.

-
"In the land of the blonde, the blondest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/