Subject: UKNM: Internet startup values
From: Francesco Benincasa
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:30:43 +0100

Hi,

This is my first time on the list, so hello everyone.
I'm looking forward to sharing some valuable dialogue on Net marketing in
the UK.

I'm launching an Internet startup company, and trying to value it for my
investors. I have a projected cashflow and P&L, but don't know what discount
rate would be appropriate for an Net Present Value calculation. Other
valuation options are (getting complex here, but any idea would be great!) a
multiple of forecast cashflow or a forecast EBIT (PBIT) and/or earnings
multiple, however again I don't know what an appropriate multiple would be.

If ayone has research, experience or precedents for this, it'd be much
appreciated.

regards

David

davidatchameleon [dot] co [dot] uk