Subject: Re: UKNM: Yell Awards
From: kevin moss
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:50:41 +0100

>And for anyone who's interested, the award for best banner ads was not
>given - something to do with the judges not finding any that were up to
>scratch.

Until there is a shift of focus, and the banner campaign is given as much
attention (creatively and therefore financially) as the website this will
continue to be the case.

It seems far too often a banner is tagged on with little budget/time
allowed to really come up with a strong creative idea.

This is changing and hopefully we'll see a little more creative flair being
expressed in the future, and a little more energy in banner creation.

There are very few banner campaigns that stick out in my mind from the last
year! Anyone else?

Kevin Moss
Incline Media :: Creative Director :: 0171 723 5325

I n t e r a c t i v e b a n n e r s
http://www.incline.co.uk/interactive.html

K I C K H A M - A G A M E F O R B E C K H A M
http://www.incline.co.uk/euro2000/kickham.html